Thursday, January 24, 2008

Terrible 3s

I figured something out.... I am officially screwed. Yup, you heard me. I have no control over this little boy anymore. He's officially INSANE!

It really started up a few weeks ago.... he had a language explosion of sorts. As in, he started stringing together short sentences... and I got kind of excited. You know.... cause now he could use his new-found abilities to communicate better with us. And life, as we know it would get easier. Right? Oh wrong. Wrong. WRONG!

His first foray into the multi-sentences went something like this: "Hey! Give that back! That's not Yours! That's Travis'!" Oh, it was cute the first oh, hundred times. Now? I want him to unlearn it, post-haste.

Oh, that's not the worst of it... he's learned from, godknowswhere.... this faux high-pitched dog whistle. So, it's all "Wheeewwheew!" "HEY! Give that back!" Always with that fake-ass stupid, obnoxious, disrespectful effing "whistle" - and he does it like 50,000 times a day. I want to scream. I really, really do. He uses this tactic with us, with kids at the park, kids at the Children's Museum in town, and it freaking SUCKS! I hate, hate, haaate it. He uses it whenever we tell him something he doesn't want to hear, or when we try and discipline him, and lately that is often.

Plus, it's been raining, and look at the forecast for next week!



Joy, huh?!

In this town - there's not a whole lot to do inside-wise. We have no indoor malls, and the kid's museum failed miserably the other day, due to the above obnoxious behavior. I had to drag him LITERALLY kicking and screaming from the museum because he was pulling that crap with the other kids, and hoarding the toys, and not listening.

Also, we haven't re-newed our Aquarium membership... because

1. It's Expensive.
2. The Kid's area is being remodeled, and won't be opened until April. This is one of the sole small closed- off areas in there for toddlers and pre-schoolers.
3. I CANNOT chase him all over the entirety of the Aquarium right now... I am nearly 7 1/2 months pregnant, and achy, sore, and otherwise NOT going to do it.

I am tired. Tired of the yelling, the screaming, the tantrums. I'm tired of being unhappy. Tired.... Tired of being achy, tired of being cooped up inside. Just stick a damn fork in me, already.


Don't get me wrong. I love my son. I love him with all my heart. I just really don't LIKE him right now.
Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Anne said...

I know. I know. Things will get better. Phase to phase to phase...and you are particularly sensitive right now but he'll get better. Just keep correcting; it's all you can do right now.

Less than two months to go!! Wa-hoo!