Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Le sigh.

Yesterday was hard. Damn hard. As in, I had a request (after breakfast) for a Starbucks chocolate donut and milk. So, we went to the one in nearest proximity to the park playdate we had scheduled. We NEVER go to that Bucks, cause it's Way the eff out on Highway 68.... and it's a pain to get there. But the playdate was only like a mile away, so that's where we ended up.

There were NO chocolate donuts to be found. He started tearing up in line, and pushed his lower lip out, and cried like his feelings had gotten really, really hurt. He cried, and sobbed, and said "Travis SO sad!" Poor thing.... he was eventually placated with a couple of Brownie Bites, but he kept reminding me that he was "so sad" in between bites.

After that, I took The Boy to the park, and he hated being there. He screamed, like he was being killed. At the PARK, people! Then, even though my mom had planned to visit early enough to have lunch.... she was delayed, making it closer to 2:30 than the agreed-upon time of 1:ish. So, we were starving, and Travis was cranky, and not napping.

Finally, she got here, and we did have lunch, closer to 3:00... Travis started to doze off in the car, but woke up 5 minutes after the food got to our table. So, I ordered him a quesadilla, and we all ate.

Afterwards, we hit Trader Joes, and the Cranky-fest continued. We decided to skip the Farmers Market. I was dragging ass, too.... and decided to skip my Stitch 'n Bitch. Again.

My mom came back to our place for a few, and then headed out. Travis freaked the eff out. He cried. He screamed. He wailed. He went out on the balcony and yelled "GrammaWary! GrammaWary! GrammmmmaaaaaWaaaary!" (Grandma Mary) at least 5,000,000 times.

He did NOT nap! I did not nap. It was lame, lame, lame.

Add that to the round ligament pains I had all damn day, and sheer exhaustion, frustration, and the fact that my day started at 7:30 am with all the above crap.... well, at least we got pizza last night.... cause I was SOOOO not making dinner after all that crap!

I had a mini-breakdown and cried after Jeff got here. I said I didn't remember the pains of pregnancy starting this early, and it was a hard day, and I just didn't know what to do.

He comforted me... he's good like that. :) Then he suggested that since I have a couple more months left on my gym membership... and honestly? I haven't gone. InmMonths. Really.

But, he suggested I take advantage of their daycare, and either go in the pool, or take the laptop, and surf the'r wi-fi while getting a break a few times a week. Brilliant!!!
I knew I married him for a reason!! :)

P.S. It's the Great Mofo Delurk today, peeps!! Come out of the closet and post a comment for eff's sake!!

The Great Mofo Delurk 2007
Thanks to Leslie for the heads-up!
Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I would say that the daycare alone is worth renewing the membership! :)

Anonymous said...

Being two is so hard. And without a chocolate donut it's impossible. Does he know about the baby? I know when I was pregnant my daughter freaked the heck out when we tried to talk to her about her soon to be new baby brother. She reverted big time - to the point she made me feed her like a baby. But she mellowed as the due date approached.

Round ligament pain is the worst. The Snoogle Deluxe full body pillow helped relive some of the pressure and pain. And I also took a pregnancy yoga class, which helped EVERYTHING!