Friday, October 05, 2007

Blah, blah, blah

The last couple of days have been measurably better. Because of napping.... and for that I am greatful.

Travis is still being a tad more aggressive than I would like. He's freaked out and slapped me a few times... landing himself in trouble. Time-out, scolding....he seems sorry after he does it.... and he apologizes, but, damn.

I wonder, though.... where is this behavior coming from to begin with? We don't hit, he doesn't see it anywhere. I guess it's just a phase. Hopefully, it's short-lived.

Anyway....last night we went to the grand opening party for our new Safeway here in town. Er. Well, Del Rey Oaks. Oh My Gosh. It's the coolest grocery store in existence. No, really. They spent $15 million on it, and it's truely a sight to behold. This store.... 74,000-square-feet. Hell yeah!

They have a Starbucks Cafe with seating, a sushi bar, wood-oven bakery, TONS of freshly prepared stuff, and their produce section is just awesome!! Also, there are tons of organic and gourmet foods, and it's just awesome! Woohoo!

Yeah, I'm a dork.... but so are the other zillion people who went to the grand opening last night. Now, I just can't wait until the new Trader Joes opens!! :)

We came home, and I made Chicken with Apple Gravy, Rice Pilaf, and Green Beans for dinner. It was SOOO good!

Today, I need to go to Whole Paycheck and get a few things... I am attempting a Vegan cake for my brother-in-law's birthday tomorrow. I'm using this recipe for Vegan "Buttercream" Frosting which I'm sure I will add cocoa to. Hopefully it turns out, cause I have never attempted baking anything vegan before.

Oh, and the other day, I had my OB apointment. Everything seems great! :)

I got my doppler in the mail, and have found the heartbeat on my own, so YAY! Week 14, here I come!
Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

Mrs. Flinger said...

Napping is heaven. HEAVEN. Remind me of this. No, wait, remind my CHILDREN. that would be more helpful. ;-)

Glad all is ok!!!

Anonymous said...

Can I say hitting is normal? LOL Both of my girls went through a hitting phase. I don't know where they saw it either. It did go away after repeatedly telling them that it hurt mommy's feelings and getting sent to their rooms.

how cool to hear your babies heartbeat at anytime you want. I wish had thought to get that.

Unique Baby Gear Ideas said...

Seems that kids just have to "try out" smacking somebody. It makes sense that mom is their first experiment. Just like with biting, I had to nip it in the bud. I wonder if the lady I mentioned in my post the other day was a "hitter" as a kid? It did cross my mind. Yikes. I think that the fact that we recognize this behaviour as an issue is the important thing. I have seen parents that saw their kids involved in aggressive play at the park and did nothing! NADA!

BTW...sounds like you've got a SUPER grocery! They would've had me with the Starbucks! LOL

Claire from www.oooh-baby-baby.blogspot.com

A said...

The doppler is the best thing ever. I was totally glad I bought mine. I never had much luck with napping though.

Congrats on the BFP by the way... I wasn't around for that!