Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Weekend....


We had a nice weekend.... Saturday we went to the Half Moon Bay Pumpkin Festival. We had never gone before, and weren't sure what to expect. It was CRAZY busy. I mean TONS of people. More like a glorified street fair than a "Festival", but whatever.

We stayed a few hours, and Travis was anything but behaved. Time-outs were improvised on the sidewalk curb, or in random benches. It was tiring. We walked a LOT!!

On the way out of town, we stopped at at Pumpkin Farm, and that was really fun! We got Pumpkins, and they had this area for the kids to throw straw around. We had pumpkin ice cream, and took some pictures (see Flickr for the whole set.)


Then we drove through Santa Cruz and had a late lunch. We drove home, and went grocery shopping. Then I made pasta for dinner. Yummy!

Sunday, I got up early, and did laundry. Then we met my dad at Denny's for breakfast. I had gone with Travis on Thursday to help Jeff's Grandma pick out a new La-Z-Boy couch. So we to pick up her old couch with my Dad's truck to take up to Santa Cruz for Jeff's sister in Santa Cruz. So we drove up there, dropped off the couch, and then we all went to the Boardwalk with my dad and my SIL Sarah. It was a lot of fun for Travis especially! Travis rode the dragon rollercoaster with his Auntie Sarah! :)

Then we went to this yummy Mexican place we love for lunch. We ate way too much food. Then we dropped Sarah back off at home, and said our goodbyes.

Travis threw the biggest screaming, kicking, freaking out fit in the back seat as we left. I mean screaming like you wouldn't believe.... for miles He got really upset because Grandpa AND Auntie were leaving. And he had had NO nap all day. SO, that seriously sucked. Then he finally calmed down enough to fall asleep. Whew! When we got home, Jeff and I watched Next with Nicholas Cage while Travis napped.

It was nice, and busy, and stressful, and relaxing. If that makes any sense whatsoever!
Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

A said...

So I am finally back reading blogs...and boy have I got catching up to do...

I love the Half Moon Bay Pumpkin Festival. This is the first year I didn't make it...newborn and all.

The pics were great!

Anonymous said...

Fun! Fun! Fun! It sounds like you had a great weekend. Better than mine. I stayed at home and cleaned! :P But at least it stayed clean for a half an hour.

Anne said...

i thoroughly enjoyed your pics, hon...what a great time...what a great family!