Tuesday, April 25, 2006

No wonder I eloped....

DRAMA, DRAMA, DRAMA!

Why do people actually have big old weddings, bachelorette parties, etc? It's SUCH a pain in the ass! ESPECIALLY when one of the girls *cough* MAID OF HONOR! isn't pulling her weight. Ack! I mean, I have no problem with having tasks delegated to me. Really, I don't. But when someone says she "Has eveything handled" for the bachelorette party... and then can't pick out invites, or decorations, or FIND A LIMO! because she waited too damn long... and now we're contending with the Prom crowd. Ugh. I just want it to be over. And, my poor friend who's getting married is about ready to have a nervous breakdown. So, guess who has been calling around all morning trying desperately to find a freaking 12-14 passenger limo 3 weeks before the party? Yup, you guessed it! Good old Christine. Being the reliable one sucks the big one, sometimes!
Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

Anne said...

oh man, i am so with you about big weddings. Hell, me and mine eloped and it was AWESOME. I highly reccommend it.

Anne said...

oh, and you ROCK for being the reliable responsible one. I'd buy you a marg if you were in town, Beeeotz! Hell, I'd make you one.

PeanutsMom said...

Been there, done that--ugh! My best-friend, who has no sense of such matters, expected me to help and assist financially with the wedding details; a year later, my younger sister, good bless her (I love her dearly) asked for my creative touches to many aspects of organizing the b-party, wedding and reception; i love doing this stuff but i tell you when it comes to the other attendants, they are useless; all they do is complain how much the dress will cost, the day the bride is to get married is not convenient to 'their schedules' and good for bid you ask them to contribute to the cost of the b-party; phew, i'm glad this is all over with; no more sisters and best-friends getting married; but i hear you, a task no maid of honor wants to be responsible for--everything!