Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Penguins are monogamous... why aren't some men?

A local theater has a "Mommy Matinee" on the 3rd Monday of each month. It starts at 10:00am, and you can see any movie you want that's playing. They normally have Indie and Bollywood movies, which aren't really my thing. But yesterday I packed up the baby and we went and saw the March of the Penguins. Oh my goodness, it was SO good, and SO sweet! :)
Parts of it made me sad, but mostly it just made me feel so happy to be a mommy. I held Travis, and nursed him, and we just watched the movie together, and sprawled out in our seat. I was able to move the armrests up, so it was more like a couch. I highly reccommend you see it!

Afterwards, my good friend and I met for lunch. She just found out that her husband has been cheating on her. What a bastard he is! They have barely been married a year, and have a beautiful baby girl a few weeks younger than Travis. So, their relationship is most definately rocky right now...

I thought he was cheating... Jeff and I saw her husband a couple of months ago on a Saturday early afternoon walking with this girl and his 3 year old son who was visiting for the summer was holding this woman's hand!

I immediately called my friend to tell her that we saw him. She said she knew he was out with some girl who was a friend of his, and, although it did bother her- she wasn't overly freaked out about it.

Turns out that was the girl he has been cheating with. Stickier situation... he's in the military. SO, that's like an automatic dishonorable discharge if they find out. They are going through councelling, and hopefully they can repair their marriage.

I just am amazed that she didn't pack up the baby and leave him right away when she found out... she was looking over his shoulder while he was working on the computer. He got instant messaged something like "I can't wait to ___ your ___ again." My friend was like... "that one little word caught him... Again."


Why are some guys such assholes? My friend is beautiful, and intellegent, and doesn't deserve to be treated this way.

I just want to give her a shoulder... and advice where she asks for it. I am just devistated for her.
Bookmark and Share

No comments: