Monday, April 11, 2005

Cereal Face!

Today is a great weather day! Hopefully I'll be able to get out of the house with Baby Boy. He's been super-fussy the last few days with teething. :(

Yesterday afternoon we went out to Costco and Target, and Borders. We were at Costco having a snack in the food court. I had Travis in the sling, facing toward me. I was eating a frozen yogurt sundae with raspberries.

Every time I would go get a bite of the sundae, and bring the spoon toward my lips, Travis would open his mouth really wide! He didn't want to nurse, he wanted what I was eating!

Of course, I wasn't going to give him a bite... we decided to try the rice cereal. I know, I really wanted to wait until 6 months. But, he's 5 months, and has more than doubled his birth weight - he weighs almost 18 lbs. He sits up well, and holds his head up beautifully. He ALWAYS grabs at my food when I'm eating, but this was the first time he actually opened his mouth for some.

Last night we tried about 1/2 TBS. of rice cereal mixed with breastmilk. He LOVED it! He smiled, and laughed and gobbled it up. I was amazed. So far, no adverse reaction. (Although I think he's allergic to raspberries... he had a rash on his butt this morning. He has the same thing whenever I eat strawberries or citrus.) :(

So, yeah. That's about it. Also, I lost 5 pounds. Today was my weigh-in day after doing the WW thing at home for the last week. So far, so good!

Bookmark and Share

No comments: