Monday, March 14, 2005

Keeping up with the (Mrs.) Joneses

Today was a nice day! The weather was great! I brought Travis into the shower with me for the first time ever today. He seemed to like it, at least a little better than a bath. It was a bit tricky to navigate me actually shampooing my hair and getting clean, but I think I did a pretty good job. I did use too much shampoo, though! I got about 4 inches cut off of my hair yesterday. It's short, to right below my chin length I like it, though!

We went to Jeff's Grandma's for dinner Saturday, and played poker. Yesterday we had a lovely time at Chez Hoffpauir.

Today Travis and I went to the St. Patty's Lunch with the Mommy/Playgroup. It was a lot of fun! I am still trying to fit in, being new and all, but everyone made me feel very welcome. I interject comments here and there and participate in conversation. I do have this bad habit of secretly coveting things that others have. Like the Wendy Bellissimo diaper bags, and the Pottery Barn Kids bedding, the Peg Perego strollers, the Glamourmom nursing tanks, and the Zolowear Slings that a few of the girls have. It's probably a growing up poor thing - all the girls had Guess, and Reebok, I had K-mart and Prowings. Not a big deal, I am just a connoisseur of nice things. Now that I can (sometimes) afford them, it's great - BUT I know it's MUCH more important for me to stay home and be with Travis than to work and have his poor little self in daycare, even if I could earn a little more money for spending, and he doesn't care if I have a Sak bag (which I love!) or a Wendy B. He told me so himself!

:)

I love my boy!


Thursday we're having his Easter pictures done with live bunnies and chicks. I hope they turn out!
Bookmark and Share

No comments: