Sunday, March 13, 2005

Hair, hair, everywhere!

I've been up since 8:00am doing laundry. I'm sure I've mentioned that we only have 3 washers and 3 dryers for our whole complex of over 30 apartments. Lame! So I get up early, especially on weekends and take all 3. The early bird gets clean undies!

Today we're going to the Hoff's to have a celebratory BBQ for Tobias' new job. He doesn't know it yet. Ha! I can't wait to see Hailey... she's going to be 2 years old in a couple of months. Time flies! It feels like it wasn't that long ago I was there holding her mom's legs while she pushed! But, then again, her mom held MY legs while I pushed! So, yeah, nevermind.

I made my new favorite fruit salad. It used to be fruit cocktail, sour cream and mini marshmallows all mixed together, but now it's (light) fruit cocktail (in fruit juice), crushed pineapple (in juice), tropical fruit cocktail (in pear nectar), bananas, red grapes, and coconut cream pudding and cool-whip all mixed together. Dump drained fruits in bowl, save all the juices. Then, you make the pudding recipe but with half the reserved juice and half milk and then fold in the cool-whip. Mix everything together, and refrigerate. It's Yummy! Oh yeah, and make sure you put the banana slices into the juice before you add them to the mix or they'll turn icky colors on ya. Brown bananas don't look that good, at least not to me!

I also NEED to get my hair cut! TODAY! Badly! My split ends have split ends! You think I'm kidding? According to Microsoft Money... the last time I got my hair cut was JULY 26, 2004! There ought to be a law!

Actually, I think there is one somewhere....
With the post-partum hair loss, it's like, I'm losing it anyway... may as well get a few inches cut off! :)

Seriously, I find my shed hairs EVERYWHERE! On the baby, wrapped around his fingers, or clutched in his palm. On the back of his sleep sacks, on the bathroom floor, on the couch, tickling me when I wear short sleeves, because one is coming out, inching its way down my arm... let's not talk about my brush... or the fact that my hairdryer almost caught on fire the other day. (No, really it did, but I don't think it's related to hair loss... just crappy workmanship)

Sigh, I miss my hair....
Bookmark and Share

No comments: