Sunday, February 13, 2005

I knew it was too good to be true!

Warining: TMI Alert! (Too much information)

Sigh. Today I resumed having my period. I know, not fair, huh? Since Travis is exclusively breastfed, I figured I'd be off the hook for at least a few more months. But, nope. Maybe because he sleeps so well at night... but I guess it's a small price to pay.

It kinda ruins Valentine's day, ya know? Especially since I was secretly hoping that it could be our "get re-connected" night. Alas, it will have to wait. What's that you ask? We haven't "resumed the deed?" No, I'm a tad bit embarrassed to say. It's been a LONG time! Since about oh, I don't know... early September or so. "WHAT???!" You ask horrified....

Really, it's not that bad. I was extraordinarily uncomfortable in the last months of pregnancy. I had severe pubic symphysis pain. I ached all over, my back and hips hurt, my feet swelled like crazy, I couldn't see my legs or nether regions in order to maintain my usually fanatical hair-grooming routine. Also, sex hurt. A lot. Like my cervix was at the entrance of my...umm... yeah. So, there you go. My secret's out. This last bit of time isn't from lack of wanting. Only lately... (it took awhile to get back to that point, though.) But between the obligatory advised 6 weeks post-partum abstaining, the episiotomy site that still hurts occasionally, the on-demand breastfeeding, my leaky boobs, the co-sleeping, etc. You get the picture. It's not exactly romance-central around here.

My husband's a saint. He hasn't so much as asked for a hummer. I'm sure he's getting "things out of his system" somehow.... (He's totally committed to me!) But I don't ask, and he doesn't tell. I make sure to let him take his nice long showers in peace... just in case he's takin' care of biz-ness. ;)
Bookmark and Share

No comments: