Thursday, May 27, 2004

Baby and cookies in the oven!

Mmm. cookies. For the last three hours I have been making and baking cookies. Oatmeal raisin and Chocolate chip. There are six dozen cookies in my kitchen right now. I've already had three 1 chocolate chip and two oatmeal. Three cookies, not three dozen! Good lord! The house smells so good right now. You can probably smell cookies from down the street.

I just got a wild hair, I guess. Anyway, I'll take some to work tomorrow. If my dad stops by today I'll send him home with some.

The first person noticed me being pregnant today. I should say the first "stranger" as my friends and family obviously know I'm preggers! I was in Long's looking at the cosmetics section, and the cosmetics manager looked over at me and smiled. The she asked "Are you having a boy or a girl?" I replied that I wasn't sure yet, but I hoped to find out very shortly. She told me she had four kids and only found out with the first one. She swears she just "knew" what the others were. I hope I'm that lucky. :)

I found the heartbeat this morning, It's getting a lot easier to find now. It's also much louder than it was before. I love laying in bed listening to it. Then the baby will move, and I'll find it again. The little one is already playing hide and seek with me!

I recorded the heartbeat with my cell phone's voice record so I can let people I know hear it. It's very cool! I'm so glad I have this doppler! I was going through a spell where my symptoms tapered off, and I started to worry that something was wrong. The doppler assured me that all was well.

Sigh... 16 weeks! I go the the Dr. next Thursday to have my AFP screening, and HOPEFULLY!!! an Ultrasound. I am so anxious to see the baby again, and to find out whether it's Ashley or Travis.

I was thinking of having pictures done of me & the pregnant belly for Jeff for Father's day. I have a couple of coupons for some free photos from Penney's and the Picture People. I'll have to wait and see if I'll have the time next week.

Anyway, gotta go get the last batch of cookies out of the oven and take my nap.

Bye bye.



PS: As I went to take my bra off before my nap, I noticed my nipples looked shiny. I gently squeezed both nipples, and a few drops of colostrum leaked out! What a trip!

Bookmark and Share

No comments: