Thursday, April 22, 2004

There's a fundus among us!

I went to my ob/gyn appt. today. After 10 minutes of anxiety-ridden (mine and Jeff's) searching, the tech found our bean sprout's heatbeat. Whew! The doc came in, spoke to us briefly, measured my fundus, and declared the babe's growth right on track. they didn't do an ultrasound though. :( But he said at the 20 week mark we can do one on tape and try to find out if it's a boy or a girl. I scheduled my next appt. for 6/3 so I can have the AFP test drawn at that appt. instead of coming back twice in a short period of time.


After the appointment Jeff and I went to Ellie's for root beer floats. Yummy. We are so happy about the news that our baby is doing well. This was a major milestone for us today, as we never got to hear the heartbeat of our angel.


I also ordered the doppler today that we're renting. It should be here early next week. That will help alliviate my stress also. My doc warned that we won't always be able to find the heartbeat so not to flip out if that happens, just to try again later. Easier said than done, I'm sure.


Jeff's Grandma was let out of the hospital today. She's quite happy with that. Although she can't drive for 6 weeks cause of the incisions. So we're going to be doing her errands and shopping and such for her. I will cook for her if she wants me to. Although she is very stubborn and will most likely insist on doing most things for herself.


I am sleepy. I made wasabi panko salmon with honey teriyaki glaze and jasmine rice and broccoli for dinner tonight. It rocked!


Jeff is snoring on the couch now. I'd better take my prenatals and wake him so we can go cuddle in bed. Just me, my hubby and our baby-to-be. Ahh.


Life is good.
Bookmark and Share

No comments: