Thursday, November 06, 2008

One for my homies...

Crap... I missed a day of blogging yesterday. Awww... So much for NaBloPoMo. Oh, well...call it radio silence due to the election outcome! ;)

I swear I have a more active online life than offline. Between Blogger, Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Flickr, Ravelry, Delicious, The Babywearer, Diaperswappers... I know far more people online than not. Maybe that is not a good thing... hmm?

My cell phone address book is comprised largely of family, then friends (which I admit, I don't have a lot of "IRL"...)

Strangely enough.. despite my online whoring around - I don't do so well in social situations. I either feel like I talk too much, or clam up completely. And, in groups of more than three, I am pretty much a deer caught in the headlights.

I am far better one on one... but finding that one, proves difficult at best. I need to find a BFF I don't have to moderate myself around, where I can be my snarky, cynical, non-PC self, rough around the edges with a proclivity towards adult language... Someone who is comfortable with me popping my boob out nonchalantly while sipping coffee, and not missing a beat in conversation. Someone who doesn't thnk I am a freaky weirdo for co-sleeping, wearing my kids until long after they can walk on their own, and nursing until we're damned good and ready to stop, and not a moment too soon. Someone who hopefully has at least one kid near one of mine's age. Someone who can compare birth stories, and bad mommy moments over sushi and wine, and the minutia of feminine hygiene products, and the fact that my baby hasn't crapped in 3 days. Someone who can dish on the latest celebrity gossip, but who still knows what's going on in the world.

Then I stop and think. Wait a minute. I do have one of those. Actually, far more than just one. Samantha, Nellie, Rachael, Anne, Leslie, Holli,Cara, the list goes on... Even though we don't live close enough to hang out... we share so much with each other long distance and through these "interwebz"... and have genuine interest and concern for each other and our families. I know if I am ever in Arizona, Utah, Rhode Island, Texas, Oklahoma, Maryland... I wouldn't ever dare pass through without looking each and every one of you awesome beotches up and having a glass (or three) of wine.

Bookmark and Share

No comments: