Friday, January 26, 2007

Who are you, and what have you done with my child?!

We're fine! The barfing was limited to twice on Sunday... and didn't make a reappearance. Flukey, weird? Yes. Thanks for the well-wishes. :)

But, seriously? The was he's been behaving for the last few days... it makes me want to RUN AWAY FROM HOME!!! Or, at least (kinda) wish he was a little sick so he'd CALM THE EFF DOWN! To call him demanding... well that would be like calling Napoleon short. Really. I can't so much as LOOK toward the keyboard. And heaven forbid, I actually try to type anything. He's right here... pulling at my hands, whining, pushing, scratching.

I put him in his room twice yesterday and closed the door. The first time for 1 minute, and the second for 3, except he kept opening the door and coming out, so maybe that last one was only 2 minutes, tops. I had to. He was screaming, clawing at me... throwing a tantrum of EPIC PROPORTIONS. And if I didn't put him there... well... I was going to go to a VERY BAD PLACE. Like Vegas.


He FREAKED OUT the whole time I made dinner last night. No show, or toy or project would hold his attention. He just stuck his legs through the baby gate blocking off the living room from the kitchen and made this ambulance-sounding screaming the ENTIRE TIME.

And we FINALLY got to watch most of 24 last night... so we went to bed at 12:30. Travis had been asleep on the couch for awhile. We changed him, went to bed, as usual. Then we went to sleep. I was awakened no less that 5 times between 12:30 and 2:30. He was whining, kicking me... demanding to nurse. Then I would nurse him. He'd latch on... nurse for a few minutes. Pick at all my moles. *shudder* And he'd unlatch, and roll away. I'd get resettled. Only to have this whole cycle start over not 15 minutes later. So... yeah. between 2:30 and 5:00am.... I couldn't get back to sleep. I tried the nature sounds, meditation Podcasts on my iPod. I tried breathing, relaxing. Nothing worked.

So, yes. I was a very tired mommy today. But, I took a nap with Travis this afternoon. Hopefully he's good tonight... hubby and I want to go out to dinner. I am playing out the scary scenario in my head. Relaxing? HA! I am having a cocktail, diet or no diet.

I don't know what to do. His behavior... well, it's 2 year old stuff. I know that. But he doesn't pull this crap with Jeff. Just me. The screaming, freaking out tantrums.... they're a multiple times a day occurrence.

SO, I want to figure out how to cope with his craziness... and I really want him out of our bed soon. And, I want my boob back. Bitch. Whine. Moan.

Thoughts?
Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It has to be the age - Faith is going bonkers too.. and she doesn't normally do it. I would give your boob back if I could!!

The visual of the legs/ambulance sound made me laugh.