Monday, August 28, 2006

The unsung hero of the kitchen

I lurve my Crock Pot. I really do. I should use it more often than I do, but it never ceases to amaze me how yummy food can be with such minimal actual effort. Super Yummy! :)

This morning whole The Boy was shovelling YoBaby and bananas into his mouth as quickly as possible, I threw the following into my magical Crock Pot:

A 2.5 lb Chuck Roast, seasoned with Salt, pepper, and garlic powder
1 huge sweet onion, thinly sliced
2 sliced bell peppers, 1 yellow, 1 orange
3 stalks of celery, chopped into large-ish pieces
5 whole cloves of garlic
1/2 cup of Cattleman's Smokehouse BBQ Sauce (the rest of the bottle in the fridge)
1 1/2 cup of Cattleman's Original BBQ sauce
1/2 cup water
1 entire bottle of Anchor Steam Beer

I set it to low, at 11am, and it's already smelling great in here. By 6 or 7, we'll be eating yumminess over some 10 minute cooking brown rice, and with a side salad.

I mean 10 minutes of minimal prep-work, and dinner is virtually done? I've spent longer than that waiting in the Starbucks drive-through for a latte.

Seriously, Best. Invention. EVER!
Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, I can only cook in the crockpot. This recipe sounds so effing good. I am going to have to give it a whirl!