Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Let's talk about sex....

So, yeah... Travis woke us up at 7:00 am. Lovely. We made the best of a potentially bad situation, though. Jeff closed off the hallway door, and put him in his room to play.

And, then we "played" a bit ourselves. For the first time in... well... I'm not telling you, but let's just say it's been so long, I probably qualified as a born-again virgin.

Yeah, yeah... time has definately gotten away from me... balancing motherhood, AP stuff like co-sleeping, breastfeeding... it's not all that easy. Plus, as I mentioned before, my libido has all but evaporated post-baby. We have a very loving, affectionate relationship. Plus, we have been married for almost 10 years... trust me... we've had plenty of sex during that time... so it's not the end-all-be-all... but it feels good to finally reconnect as a couple.

So... it was nice, but it was also uncomfortable, and a bit painful.... because of my episiotomy scar. Is this normal? Please tell me it gets better? Any words of encouragement? Help a sister out!


Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

Mrs. Flinger said...

"IT's been long enough I could be a born again virgin."

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Um. ya. I had a C-section so what's my excuse? Sex changes after a baby. Now instead of "let's make it last." It's "hurry up! I think I hear the kid!"

Sexy.

Mama C-ta said...

Ugh, same here. And you know, it's pretty painful for me too and I also had a C-section, not sure what the deal is. Maybe the nursing thing is drying me out and lack of sex makes me, like you said a born again virgin. Sucks, finally do it and it's pretty painful!

Anne said...

hrmm. i was another c-section so have no clue about the ol episiotomy. i would say the pain would be normal unless yall have been performing like bunnies since the baby was born. you know about skin and stretchy tissue and how it needs to be manipulated alot especailly is there is scar tisue involved. I bet there is puh-lenty of info on the internet but it may be faster to just ask yer doc.

christine said...

Sex will probably feel like sandpaper on sandpaper for a long time. Still does for me since baby and she's 17 months now. Never had that problem B4 baby either. As for libido, um, I think that dried up along with the milk. lol. I need it back BAD but i can't find it. Maybe lots of lube, try that. Although that's the obvious. Good luck!
http://www.lastnail.org