Friday, January 13, 2006

Sonoma bound...

So, I've decided to try the Sonoma Diet, starting this week coming up. I will have to modify it, of course, because I am still nursing... but this "diet" will work out to more food than I usually eat in a day anyway! And, supposidly I will be able to lose weight! How that works, I don't know... Anyway... it's basically lots of veggies, fruits (after the 1st 10 days... but honestly, I don't eat fruit this time of year as often as I should... so sadly, it's probably been 10 days, or even more...) whole grains, lowfat dairy, lean meats, etc. No white sugar, flour, or potatoes. 3 meals, and 3 snacks a day. Lots of water, green tea, moderate portions, and exercise. No counting Points, either! :) Nothing sounds too crazy... so we'll see how it works out.... I love to cook, and the recipes look really yummy. Jeff is even up for trying it with me, which will make it a lot easier. Actually, I joined their website yesterday for the free week trial, and I saved a ton of recipes. I will cancel their website next week, cause I'm not all about the message boards, which suck - by the way... I can weigh myself, and choose my own "meal plans" without paying $5.00 a week... thankyouverymuch!



Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

holli said...

That weight loss ticker really breaks it down - you've done an amazing job and should be so proud. I had to lose 100 pounds after Faith and I know how hard it is. You can do it!!! I will cheer you on!

I'm not a big fan of fruit either - I'm a veggie girl.

Rachael said...

Oooo! Let me know how it goes. I want to get on a diet right away after this baby is born. Sounds like the south beach diet. My step mom has done the South Beach diet and has lost 35lbs since July (she's not even that over weight either). She says its the easiest diet ever and the only one she's stuck out for htis long. I may try one or the other.

Rece Anthony said...

Congrats on the weight already lost...That is great!