Saturday, November 13, 2004

My little froggy

I brought Tavis into bed with us for the first time last night. It was about 11:30pm. He had eaten, been changed and was asleep in my arms. I put him in the bassinet next to our bed, and he woke up 10 minutes later fussing. I picked him up, burped him, resituated him, and tried again. No avail. So I put him between us in bed, and he slept like a dream. He woke up at 4:00am to eat. We had Starbucks Mocha Chip ice cream then, too and we all went back to bed at 5am after watching a TiVod CSI, and he slept until 8:30am. Amazing isn't it??

We took him out for the first time last night... grocery shopping, Costco, and Target. He was an angel!

He slept through almost the entire trip. We covered up his carseat so no nosey germy people would breathe on him.

Today we walked with him around the lake and went to McDonald's for lunch. We sat outside, because it was a beautiful day. Again... he slept through the stroller ride.

He poops A LOT! And farts more than that! He's eating so good, too. We call it Milkies or Milky Cereal (like the LL Cool J song) and he gets milk drunk from eating. He gets a milk mustache, and his eyes roll into the back of his head, and he smiles so drunkenly. I said "Step away from the vehicle!" And he smiled at me. So cute!

I adore the little noises he makes when he's nursing. Little coos and sweet sounds, and his nose gets pressed up against the boob, and breathes all loud. Sigh. I am so in love with my baby boy. I call him Froggy because his legs are still folded up like a frog's and he has this sleep gown with a frog on it that he slept in the first night he was home.
My dad came over today for the first time since the hospital. He held him for SO long! Travis loves his Grandpa.

I can't get over the fact that he will be one week old tomorrow. Wow. I already can't imagine life without him.

Bookmark and Share

No comments: