Thursday, November 04, 2004

At Last

Hello! Just returned from bi-weekly OB appt. NST was great. My BP was 150/100. Ick. No protein. 2cm dialated, 80% effaced. Nice to know all thos BH Contractions actually DID do something! He also stripped my membranes. I go in for another NST Saturday. Induction Sunday, unless something Sat looks weird. WOW!!!! This baby is really coming! I can hardly believe it!!

We are going to the grocery tonight so I can have some meals prepped tomorrow in case Sat is the day. Also need a few things for the baby and the hospital bag. Woah! This is too crazy.

We went to Starbuck's after my appt. We were at the bar and Jeff was putting cream and sugar in his coffee. Etta James came on the music. "At Last" It was a perfect song at the perfect moment. We both started tearing up. I cannot wait to hold this little one. At last.

At last my love has come along

My lonely days are over

And life is like a song

At last the skies above are blue

And my heart was wrapped up in clover

The night I looked at you

I found a dream that I can speak to

A dream that I could call my own

I found a thrill to press my cheek to

A thrill that I have never known

You smiled, and then the spell was cast

And here we are in heaven

And you are mine at last

Bookmark and Share

No comments: