Thursday, June 24, 2004

Reflections on what might have been

Had I not miscarried in December, today would have been my due date. It's bittersweet, knowing I have another little one coming for sure in November... but I did some reflection today, and thought about how different it would be if I were anticipating a birth within days or weeks, instead of months.

Sigh. I suppose things happen for a reason... even though that might seem like the furthest thing from your mind when tragedy strikes your life. My grandma always says whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger. I can't say I'd argue with that in this situation. I feel like we're stronger people for it, knowing Jeff and I have been through such a heartbreaking ordeal... we've come out of it all stronger, closer than ever before. Strange how that works, huh?

Bookmark and Share

No comments: