Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Caught!

Well, the cat is out of the bag... James figured out I was pregnant by my refusal of alcohol. Sunday night before we watched the Sopranos and ate lasagna, he and Jeff were going to have Black & Tans (Guiness and Bass, layered together in a pilsner glass) and a shot of Captain Morgan. He started to pull out a third shot glass, and I said "That's okay, I'm not drinking right now." Immediately suspicious, he arched his eyebrow and looked at us quizzically. "Are you pregnant?!" he asked. A slow smile broke out over Jeff's face and he glanced at me. I nodded a bit to indicate I was ok with telling him. I sighed and smiled. "I wasn't going to tell you until after my doctor's appointment, but yes. I'm due in the middle of November."

He was very happy and slapped Jeff 5. (Men!)
Raise The Roof



So, he knows now. Also, our lease is up here Nov. 1st, so we spoke about officially parting ways then. I mean... he's lived with us for like 8 years!! He and Jeff have been best friends since Jr. High. They are like brothers... but we are ready to move out alone with our family, sans James. It's all good. I am actually going to start jotting down apartments I come across with Sat. dishes and call them to see what the rent is in a few months.

Sigh. New beginnings.

It's going to be another scorcher today.... the temp forcast is in the 80s again! And I'm off work today! Woohoo!

Sunny

Bookmark and Share

No comments: