Tuesday, April 01, 2008

April Fools!

Well, no baby yet.

Although, this afternoon, shortly before 4:00, I started having contractions. They were coming every 3 minutes, for nearly an hour. And then, boom! Out of nowhere, they were coming once every minute. So, I called my doctor, and he said to come into the birth center.

I called Jeff, a little before 5:00 and told him I needed him to come home. We decided not to call family just yet, just in case it turned out to not be the real deal. We went to the hospital, and they monitored me for a couple of hours. Lots of contractions/questions/and 3 cervical checks later? Still 2 cms, 50% effaced. Dammit. I was told I have an "irritable uterus" - heh. FYI - the technical term for "false labor" is prodromal labor.

So, I am back home... still having contractions, and my back is KILLING me! We went to Target and I got some of those Therma-Care back patch thingies, and I have one on now. It's helping a bit.

So, it could be tonight... it could be tomorrow... it could be... next freaking week. Ack!

This seriously bites!
Bookmark and Share

No comments: