Thursday, May 03, 2007

Recovery, it's a beotch!

I am convinced.... when dealing with a 2 1/2 year old.... it takes at least as long to recover from vacation as the duration of the actual trip itself. In a nutshell.... I am royally screwed for at least two more days. Yeah. Woohoo!

The routines... they have been nearly impossible to get back into. Especially when said toddler rebels at the mere suggestion of getting into CLOTHING for the love of everything holy! And, don't get me started on shoes! It took me 15 minutes to wrestle him into a pair of jeans this morning! 15 minutes!!!

And yesterday.... the tantrum to end all tantrums. I think it had something to do with the wrong colored water cup.... but it rapidly spiraled out of control.

Add to the fact that I had been throwing up from a head-splitting migraine the likes of which I haven't seen since I was pregnant with Travis - the shrill shrieks and him trying to pry my hands of my eyes.... ( I had photophobia from the headache.) They all were Just. Too. Much.

I called Jeff at 4:00 mid-meltdown, and like a good hubby, he came home early. He located the ONLY 2 Advil left in the house, and removed the screaming child from the premises. He called me in an hour later... after 1/2 a Dr. Pepper and some quiet... it had subsided somewhat. He came back, picked me up, and after a triple grande iced Caramel Macchiato, I was pretty much good. I even cooked dinner!

And, everything was golden. Until 10:00 pm, when the hot water spontaneously started gushing from the faucet in the bath and would NOT turn off!! We tried everything. Really, we did!

I left several messages, and by MIDNIGHT - we finally were able to get it to stop temporarily by the pressure of duct-taping the faucet. I woke up at 4:30am to the water gushing again. I MacGyvered a fix by using the (broken) tension rod from the shower curtain... and that worked. For about an hour. I was up after then. Thankfully he maintenance guy showed up at 7:30.... and replaced the stripped out knob. I still have NO idea what caused it to come on to begin with....

So, yeah. Lovely, no?

Thank GOD tomorrow is Friday... cause this week has kicked my ass! Peeling shoulders, and all!
Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Anne said...

Thank the lord for Jeff!! There is nothing better than a rescue like that. Hope you feel 100% soon...at least you are home safe!