Thursday, May 17, 2007

Domestic diva? Ha!

Yawn.

Tired.....

I was planning on doing some laundry this morning before our walk.... but the recycled Airborne tube that we use for the laundry quarters has vanished. WTF??? Most likely, my lame ass left it downstairs last time I washed clothes. Insulting enough.... and they raised the price to wash from 75 cents to $1.25, and from 50 cents to 75 cents to dry. Jeff and I are seriously thinking about splurging on weekly fluff & fold at our laundromat. Cause seriously? 3 washers and 3 dryers for the whole complex of 30 some units. Cheap-ass rental company who lets crap break and takes their sweet ass time fixing it... So, it's not uncommon (at all) for a washer and/or dryer to be out of order for a week, or longer.

And, see? I am home, and getting laundry, soap, and toddler up and down the 17 steep-ass stairs to the laundry during the week is damn near impossible.

Plus, we really, really hate to do - and especially fold - the mountains of laundry that ensue.


Lazy, much? MMM. Maybe. ;)

Anyway.... this cold is still hanging on. I want it to get the hell on.

Nothing much going on besides that. I started a "Heartbreakingly Cute Baby Kimono" from the MD Knitting book.... made with Rowan Denim Yarn. It's all in garter stitch. Yay! No purling! I am making it bigger, cause it's newborn size, and seriously? Small looking! Still unsure if I am gifting this or keeping it for the next one. But, I guess it depends on how it turns out! LOL!


Anyway.... I need to finish up some of my gift knitting, and package it up. Cause Leslie is gonna pop soon!

And, also? If there's nothing I love more than folding clothes, it's weaving in ends. And, boy, do I have some ends to weave in. See?
Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Anne said...

oh man, C...I cannot imagine having to do laundry the way ay'll do! My bro in SF gets the fluff and fold done and they don't even have kids! Can't wait to see pics of the kimono...I know it is going to rock the house.