Monday, December 12, 2005

Poor little man...

Well... the good news is that the worst of our pukey-run-fest seems to be over. The bad news is, Travis got it too. My poor sweet boy puked twice last night/early this morning. We were heartbroken, of course... he's never vomited before, except for spit-up when he was little tiny. It's much different though... when it's chunks. So we think it was the eggs or the bacon.... because that's the common denominator in our food yesterday. He seems mostly better... he's been nursing like crazy, which is good.

I put a call into his Ped.'s office this morning - just to be safe. I'm still waiting for a call back from the nurse, though.

Also, I called the Health Department and filed a complaint about the restaurant. It's one thing for Jeff and I to get sick.... But no one makes my sweet little boy sick without hearing from me.... The bastards!

Oh, the ped's office just called. She told me it could also be gastritis, which is going around. Also, to keep an eye on his wet diaper out-put, and the poopyness. Pretty much what I already knew to do... and to push fluids, nurse, etc. SO, yeah. Makes me feel a bit better. :)

Anyway, he's napping now... so I'm going to try and pick up around here while he sleeps. Our dishwasher that they only installed a couple of months ago is broken. Sigh. They are coming on Friday to fix it. GRR> back to hand washing the dishes. I hate this! Also, we still have a hole in my bathroom ceiling from the burst pipe leaking a couple of weeks ago. They need to fix that this week too. When it rains, it pours, huh?
Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Mama C-ta said...

Oh no, poor guy. I'd be the same way, I deal w/stuff when it happens to me but if it happens to J then all hell breaks loose.

I hope he's feeling better. Our house stuff goes the same way, everything at once when we don't have money either!

Mrs. Flinger said...

OH, man. Sorry he got the pukes, too. :-( It's so rough watching your baby suffer and they have no clue why.

Get better soon, lil' man!